Iconic Relocation – Relocation Services | International Relocation Services


Moving to Canada

Taking care of all your international relocation needs door to door

Request a Quote​

    For updated Covid-19 regulations please contact our representatives

    Crossing into Canada or Moving to Canada might be a hassle yet we at Nobel Relocation are experts and have an exceptionally prepared and qualified staff to pack, load, exchange, convey and keep your belongings safe during the migration process.

    For over 18 years security regulations have tightened yet we at Nobel Relocation know the principles and maintain them to guarantee an anxiety-free, smooth move to Canada. We specialize in moving from our offices in Miami-FloridaAtlanta-GeorgiaWashington DC / Maryland, and all its surrounding areas to Canada.

    As of late Canada Customs at the outskirt entrance indicates have started requiring documentation and evidence of proprietorship from evacuation organizations, for example, I.d and Work Visa for the possessor of the products.

    Canada and the United States enjoy a unique bilateral relationship. Shared geography, similar values, common interests, deep connections, and powerful, multi-layered economic ties forge our partnership. We are currently not permitted to convey merchandise to your entryway without the possessor first having headed off to meet the Nobel Relocation admin at the Canadian Customs office closest to your new home to discharge the products. Our agent will call you to let you know the location and what records you will require to discharge your assets.

    Nobel Relocation has just your best interest on a fundamental level joined by years of solid experience and the most expert and experienced staff. Nobel Relocation, is a company you can trust when moving to Canada.

    The way to move from the USA to Canada is by land.  We will send a crew to pick up your goods at our local office, and then schedule a freight service to carry the goods across the border to meet our partners in Canada to arrange the delivery.


    Documents Required:

    • Copy of Passport (photo page only)
    • To validate residency abroad for a minimum duration of 1 year (pertaining to returning citizens), corroborating evidence such as bank statements, utility bills, rental receipts, income tax statements, and similar documentation for the initial and final months of the 12-month period must be provided. These substantiating records substantiate your overseas residency and play a pivotal role in verifying eligibility for duty-free importation.
    • Original Detailed inventory / Packing list including “goods to follow” in English or French
    • Receipts for new items
    • Personal Effects Accounting Document (Form BSF186 formerly known as form B4)
    • Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
    • Liquor Permit, if applicable
    • Immigration papers, if applicable
    • Work Permit / Student Visa holders, if applicable
    • Proof of residence in Canada (copy of Deed / Sales Agreement / Lease Agreement) (seasonal residents)
    • Copy of Death Certificate (import of inheritance items)
    • Submission of a copy of the will or a letter from the estate executor is required for the importation of inherited items.
    • The prerequisite for receiving diplomatic privileges from the Canadian Ministry of External Affairs (pertaining to diplomats) is mandatory.


    To ensure a smooth Customs clearance process, please consider the following specific information:

    1. Customs clearance requires either the physical presence of the goods’ owner or authorization for a licensed Customs broker to handle the clearance on their behalf.
    2. Returning Canadians can import household goods and personal effects duty-free if they meet the following conditions:
      • The goods must have been owned and used by the owner for at least 6 months before importation.
      • The owner must have resided abroad for a minimum of 12 months.
      • If the owner has lived abroad for more than 5 years, they are exempt from the 6-month ownership rule.
      • The goods must still be owned and used, and the shipment should not include items intended for resale or disposal within 12 months of importation.
    3. When arriving in Canada, shipments must be declared to Customs at the designated port of entry (POE) such as an airport or U.S-Canada border crossing.
    4. Customs will provide the necessary documents for Customs clearance, including the B4e personal effects accounting document and the B15 casual goods accounting document.
    5. The owner of the goods should present a list of items to be imported, and it is advisable to carry a copy of the packing list/inventory for presentation to Customs.
    6. Customs may request the value of the shipment for returning citizens.
    7. For immigrants and individuals holding work/students visas, duty-free import requires that the goods be owned and used prior to importation, and no items intended for sale or disposal within 12 months should be included in the shipment.
    8. Household goods or personal effects acquired after March 31, 1977, and valued at over $10,000 are subject to regular duty and taxes on the excess amount.
    9. Seasonal residents can import household items and personal effects duty-free under the following conditions:
      • The shipment can include household furniture and furnishings for a seasonal residence, excluding permanently attached or incorporated goods and tools/equipment for maintenance.
      • The goods must have been owned and used before arrival.
      • The goods cannot be sold for at least 1 year.
      • The goods are for personal use and not for commercial, industrial, or occupational purposes.
    10. Non-residents of Canada who own a residential property or have leased a residence for at least 3 years for personal use require proof of purchase or a copy of the lease agreement.
    11. Only one shipment of this type is allowed.
    12. For duty-free import of inheritances, a copy of the will or letter from the estate executor must confirm the beneficiary as the owner of the goods.
    13. Diplomats can import household goods and personal effects duty and tax-free.
    14. The Canadian Government follows the ISPM-15 guidelines to regulate wood packaging materials used in international trade.
    • Wood packaging must be heat-treated or fumigated with methyl bromide.
    • It should bear the internationally recognized International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) mark, or a phytosanitary certificate specifying the treatment used must accompany the consignment.



    Documents Required

    • Copy of passport (photo page only)
    • Original proof of ownership (can be sent with the vehicle)
    • OBL
    • Previous registration
    • Proof of insurance
    • Must pass Canadian safety and pollution standards test
    • Press Here for Vehicle Moving Rate


    Here is specific information regarding the importation of vehicles to Canada:

    1. The vehicle must comply with Canadian standards.
    2. All vehicles undergo inspection by the Canadian Agricultural Inspection Agency upon arrival in Canada.
    3. To qualify for tax and duty relief, the vehicle must be owned and used for more than 6 months.
    4. Returning residents are eligible for a tax and duty exemption on the first $10,000 of the vehicle’s value.
      • Any amount exceeding $10,000 will be subject to applicable duty and taxes.
    5. Work permit and student visa holders enjoy duty and tax waivers for the duration of their permit.
      • The vehicle will be imported temporarily and must be re-exported upon departure from Canada.
    6. It is essential for all cars and motorbikes to arrive in Canada in a clean condition, free from soil or contaminants.
    7. Including proof of cleaning (receipts) with the shipping documents is recommended.
    8. Steam cleaning may be required as part of the importation process.
    9. The vehicle should not contain any household goods or personal effects items.
    10. Motor vehicles imported into Canada cannot be licensed unless they have been cleared through Canadian Customs.


    Documents Required:

    1. Vaccination record: Ensure you have the up-to-date vaccination records for your pet, including details of vaccinations such as rabies. Compliance with Canadian vaccination requirements is necessary.

    2. Veterinary health certificate: Obtain a veterinary health certificate for your pet, which should include information about the animal’s breed, age, gender, and color. This certificate confirms that your pet is in good health and fit to travel.


    For specific information regarding the importation of animals, it is essential to consider the following details:

    1. The veterinary health record certificate should provide comprehensive identification of the animal, including breed, age, gender, and color.
    2. To ensure compliance with the specific regulations and requirements, it is recommended to consult with the designated agent or relevant authorities before proceeding with the importation. They can provide accurate and up-to-date information tailored to your specific situation.


    When moving antiques, artifacts, carpets, and paintings to Canada, certain guidelines apply:

    1. If these items are included in the household effects shipment, no additional documents are required.
    2. However, if an item is over 100 years old, proof of age will be necessary.
    3. Duty-free entry is permitted for these works of art under the following conditions: a. They are part of a legitimate household removal. b. They are not intended for sale or any other form of disposal.
    4. Importing antiques and works of art for the purpose of resale is subject to separate regulations and requirements.

    Wedding Trousseau / Gifts:

    Importing wedding trousseau and gifts can be done without incurring duty and taxes, provided the following conditions are met:

    1. The wedding trousseau or gifts must be personally owned by the individual and in their possession during importation.

    2. The importation should be conducted by a person who is recently married or a bride-to-be. The anticipated marriage should be scheduled to take place within 3 months of their return to Canada, or it should have occurred no more than 3 months before their arrival in Canada.


    Items that are restricted or subject to duties include:

    • Alcohol (requires a detailed list with type, size, and quantity, along with an import permit; duties and taxes apply)
    • Import permits for alcohol must be obtained from the Provincial Liquor Control Board.
    • To prevent freezing, it is advised not to ship wine between October 1 and March 31.
    • Tobacco products are subject to duties and taxes.
    • Importing foodstuffs can lead to significant delays and additional charges (importation is discouraged).
    • Meat requires authorization for importation (importation is discouraged).
    • Pornographic materials.
    • New items may require a bill of sale for Customs purposes.
    • Hunting trophies are subject to restrictions, especially for endangered species (a CITES Certificate may be required; check with the agent before shipping).
    • Firearms are subject to strict regulations (check with the agent for specific details).
    • Any individual item valued at $10,000 or above is subject to duties and taxes.


    Restricted and prohibited items include:

    • Live plants
    • Narcotics, drugs, and incitement materials
    • Fruits and vegetables
    • Live ammunition and explosives